Super-simple and satisfying – take the faff out of barbecuing with this tasty, seasonal chargrilled lamb dish.
1 rack of lamb (6 bones)
1 large courgette, cut lengthways into flat strips
For the dressing
1tbsp runny honey
150ml good olive oil
1 tsp Dijon or grainy mustard
10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How many for?
Feeds 3 (or 2 with big appetites)
1. Light your
2. Carefully cut the rack of lamb into 6 cutlets. Pat dry with kitchen paper and season on both sides with a little salt and pepper.
3. To start cooking the lamb you’ll want to crisp up the fat. This involves carefully balancing the cutlets on their edge until the fat stops sizzling into the fire and the skin is crispy and golden. Flip onto the first side, cook for just a minute or so until well browned then repeat on the other side. Remove from the
4. While the lamb rests, lay the courgette strips on the grill – they take a bit longer to cook than the other veg. Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from your lemon into a jar and add enough oil to give 3 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined.
5. Turn the courgette and put the asparagus
6. When the veg is tender but still has