Want to impress Mum on Mother's Day? This dead-easy recipe for free-range roast chicken will do the trick!
1 large Pipers Farm Free-Range Chicken
1 Sprig of Thyme
3 Bay Leaves
How many for?
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Select a roasting tin just large enough to take your bird.
2. Place your herbs in the cavity of your bird, followed by the lemon (cut into 4). Season the skin well and place in your oven for half and hour.
3. After half an hour, remove your bird from the oven and baste with the juices in the roasting dish. Return the bird to the oven and roast for a further hour.
4. When the cooking time is up, check the chicken is cooked through by piercing between the breast and thigh with a skewer. The juices should run clear. If not, return the bird to the oven until cooked.
5. Once cooked, remove from the roasting tin and wrap in foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes while you make gravy from the juices.