Number of Servings
A delicious way to cook a meal on those bitterly cold autumnal days. Full of flavour and deep with comfort this is sure to bring a smile to your face.
- 250g Pipers Farm Diced Saddleback Pork
- 150g Pipers Farm Bacon
- 6 Shallots
- 2 Bay leaves 100ml Double cream
- 150ml Cloudy cider
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 Bramley apples
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Light a campfire and allow it to burn until the logs are glowing bright orange and very hot.
- Place a pot on the heat and drizzle in a little oil. Add the bacon lardons and diced pork.
- Peel the shallots and add to the pot whole.
- Slice the Bramley apples and add to the pot.
- Pour in the cider and allow it to simmer rapidly (at this point it will start to smell amazing).
- Then add cream and give it a good stir. Drop in a bay leaf and season.
- Move the pot away from the heat to the side of the fire where the heat is less intense. Allow to simmer but stir every few minutes to ensure nothing sticks.
- After 30 minutes have a taste and season again if necessary.