Chicken & Mushroom Tagliatelle
Number of Servings
Pasta is a staple in many homes and we believe this little number is a cracking way to eat it. With porcini mushrooms from the pantry if you don't have wild ones to hand and topped with a gluttonous grating of cheese. Bellissimo.
- 250g free-range chicken stir fry
- 200g Tagliatelle
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 bulb garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 30g dried porcini rehydrated in warm water
- 150g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 3 eggs
- 100g grated parmesan
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Place a frying pan over a moderate heat and add a little oil. When hot, add the onions and fry for a few minutes stirring occasionally until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and sliced mushrooms and continue to fry until the mushrooms start to take on colour.
- Add the rehydrated mushrooms to the frying pan along with the chicken stir-fry. Turn the heat down and allow to cook gently for about 3 minutes.
- Place the tagliatelle in the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Take a little of the pasta water and add to the pan with the mushrooms and chicken.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and beat together with most of the cheese.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta. Toss the pasta until the egg begins to thicken.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and top with the remaining cheese.