Easy Chicken Korma
Number of Servings
The nation's favourite dish is a Korma, and we can see why, this recipe is full of flavours and is sure to comfort your soul as well as your belly. Perfect with a crisp beer for a Saturday night.
- 500g free-range diced chicken
- A small knob of fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 150g thick plain yoghurt
- 75g coconut cream
- 250ml pure stock
- 1 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- A handful of sliced almonds
- A good bunch of coriander
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 chilli pepper (or more if you like heat)
- Mix the diced chicken with the ginger, garlic and yoghurt. Cover and marinate for 2 hours minimum, or preferably leave overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Dice the onions and red chillies, add a little water if you need to. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the ghee/oil in a pan. Add the ground coriander, ground black pepper, turmeric and garam masala and stir-fry for about 1 minute over a low heat. Turn up the heat, add the onion and chilli paste and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken and brown for about 5 minutes, then add the creamed coconut bring to the boil, stirring until the coconut is dissolved. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven, add the fresh coriander, sliced almonds and serve with a dollop of plain yoghurt.