Lardo Roast Potatoes
Number of Servings
Why not swap oil for nutritious fat and use our Saddleback lardo next time you cook up roast potatoes? Simply cut into cm cubes and add melt in the tray before adding parboiled potatoes. It'll give them a real intense flavour that'll keep those hungry scavengers coming back for more.
Watch our recipe video to find out how to make our favourite roast potatoes.
- 1kg floury potatoes like King Edwards or Maris Piper
- 75g Saddleback Lardo
- A sprig of rosemary
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220c.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into equal sized pieces then place in a large pan of cold, lightly salted water. Bring the potatoes to the boil and then reduce the heat to allow the potatoes to gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking cut the lardo into 1cm cubes, place in a roasting pan and put in the oven to allow the fat to start to melt.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly then leave to stand in the colander to steam dry for 5–10 minutes.
- Return the potatoes to the pan and give them a good shake to fluff up the edges.
- Remove the roasting pan with the lardo from the oven and carefully place the potatoes in the pan.
- Use a spoon to coat the potatoes in the fat then return to the oven. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and using a spoon turn the potatoes over and give them a good basting with the fat before returning to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- At this point remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle over the rosemary leaves and season well with salt and pepper.
- Return the potatoes to the oven for a final 5 minutes.
Register your interest
To be the first to know about when we're opening up our store to new customers, fill out your details below.
Please enter your login details to access your account.
Reset your Password
We will send you an email to reset your password.