Open Venison Sandwich
Number of Servings
One of our favourite autumnal quick and easy lunches, this open venison sandwich is perfect for using leftovers from a weekend roast using our Parkland Venison Haunch, Saddle or Steaks.
- A small pot of crème fraîche
- 250g chestnuts
- Zest of half a lemon
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Left over sliced venison
- A small loaf of rye bread
- Cranberry sauce to serve
- Cut an 'x' into the top of each chestnut and roast in a hot oven for 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and once cool enough to handle, remove the shells. Place the peeled chestnuts in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until they are evenly broken up.
- Add the créme fraîche to the chestnuts along with the lemon zest, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Pulse the until the ingredients evenly combined.
- Slice the rye bread into six pieces. Grill or toast the bread in a griddle pan. Spread a generous amount of the chestnut creme onto each piece of toasted bread, add a layer of sliced venison and finish with cranberry sauce.
Register your interest
To be the first to know about when we're opening up our store to new customers, fill out your details below.
Please enter your login details to access your account.
Reset your Password
We will send you an email to reset your password.