Number of Servings
Make your roasts extra special with this mouth-watering homemade stuffing. Our proper stuffing works exceptionally well with poultry and game birds. This stuffing makes a great base recipe, you could try adding chopped nuts or seasonal fruits to bring even more flavour to your roast.
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs or oats
- 500g sausagemeat
- 250g liver (chicken or pork)
- 100g smoked bacon
- 1 large apple peeled and chopped
- Large handful fresh parsley
- Small handful fresh sage
- Salt & pepper
- Add the butter to a pan and gently fry the onion gently until it becomes translucent (approx. 10 - 20 mins).
- Put the onion, crushed garlic and breadcrumbs in a large bowl and add 75ml water. Get your hands in and give the ingredients a good mix.
- Finely diced the liver and bacon and then mix in the sausagemeat, apple, parsley, sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Either stuff into the cavity of a bird, or if you want to cook it separately, spread into a lightly greased baking dish, cover with foil and cook at 190C for 30 minutes, then uncover and cook for a further 10 minutes to crisp the top.