Number of Servings
Make your roasts extra special with this mouth-watering homemade stuffing. Our proper stuffing works exceptionally well with poultry and game birds. This stuffing makes a great base recipe, you could try adding chopped nuts or seasonal fruits to bring even more flavour to your roast.
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs or oats
- 500g sausagemeat
- 250g liver (chicken or pork)
- 100g smoked bacon
- 1 large apple peeled and chopped
- Large handful fresh parsley
- Small handful fresh sage
- Salt & pepper
- Add the butter to a pan and gently fry the onion gently until it becomes translucent (approx. 10 - 20 mins).
- Put the onion, crushed garlic and breadcrumbs in a large bowl and add 75ml water. Get your hands in and give the ingredients a good mix.
- Finely diced the liver and bacon and then mix in the sausagemeat, apple, parsley, sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Either stuff into the cavity of a bird, or if you want to cook it separately, spread into a lightly greased baking dish, cover with foil and cook at 190C for 30 minutes, then uncover and cook for a further 10 minutes to crisp the top.
Register your interest
To be the first to know about when we're opening up our store to new customers, fill out your details below.
Please enter your login details to access your account.
Reset your Password
We will send you an email to reset your password.