Spiced orange and apple stuffed leg of pork
Number of Servings
This is a great recipe to add a wintery vibe to a roast this Christmas season. With orange aromas filling the house with crackling crisping up to perfection this is guaranteed to be a dish that loved ones will go crazy for.
Serve alongside carrots and parsnips with buttery mash and cider gravy.
- 1 pork leg joint
- 4 pork sausages
- Zest of 1 orange and half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Toast the spices gently over the hob to release the aromas. Remove the skins from the sausages and place in a mixing bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, toasted spices, the zest from the orange and lemon, salt and pepper to the bowl. Combine the ingredients, add a few more breadcrumbs if the mixture is a little too wet. Cover and place the bowl in the fridge.
- Cut the string from the pork and unroll the joint onto a chopping board. With a sharp knife open put the thicker part of the pork working the knife from the middle of the joint and stop and inch or so from the edge. You should now have a roughly even piece of meat. Spread the stuffing mixture over the opened out section of pork, this should be about 2/3 the overall surface.
- Fold the opened out flap back over and roll the joint back up. Tightly tie the joint back up using butchers string. Start with the two ends, then tie the middle and again between the middle and the two ends.
- Finish the joint by tying lengthways around the top and bottom then around the sides to hold everything in.
- Roast in an oven preheated to 180C until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 74C.
- Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.
Register your interest
To be the first to know about when we're opening up our store to new customers, fill out your details below.
Please enter your login details to access your account.
Reset your Password
We will send you an email to reset your password.