Marmalade Glazed Duck
Number of Servings
This stunning duck recipe makes a proper Autumnal feast. Sticky, sweet with a proper rich depth of flavour. Serve the duck with seasonal root veg for a Sunday roast to remember.
- 1 whole duck
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 carrots quartered
- 2 small parsnips quartered
- 1 bulb garlic halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- For the glaze
- 2 tablespoons marmalade
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl.
- Season the duck inside and out. Place the vegetables in a roasting tin and mix with salt, pepper, butter, wholegrain mustard and balsamic vinegar.
- Place the duck on top of the vegetables and then generously brush on the glaze.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C and roast the duck for 30 minutes per kilo. If the glaze starts to catch, cover with tin foil.
- Remove from the oven and allow the duck to rest for 20 minutes.
- Once rested, remove the duck from the tray and return the veg to the oven to come up to heat while you carve the bird. Place the vegetables on a serving plate with the duck, place the roasting pan over a medium heat until the juices begin to boil. Whisk in a knob of butter and spoon over the carved duck.