Salsa Verde Chicken Sandwich
Number of Servings
Not just another sandwich this Salsa Verde Chicken sandwich is a delicious way to perk up a lunchtime meal.
- For the Salsa Verde
- 1 handful of parsley with storks removed
- 1 handful of basil with storks removed
- 1 small handful of mint with storks removed
- 5 small gherkins
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- For the Sandwich
- 1 Focaccia cut into 4 and sliced in half
- 2 free-range chicken breasts or 4 free-range chicken fillets
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cos lettuce
- Place all of the ingredients for the salsa verde apart from the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until chopped. Add the oil and pulse again to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shred the lettuce and place in a bowl along with the mayonnaise and a ground or two of black pepper. Use your hands to toss the lettuce to coat it with the mayonnaise.
- Take a cast iron pan and heat on a medium setting. Add a little fat and place the chicken breast skin side down, cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides. If you are using chicken fillets, cook for about 1-2 minutes per fillet. Leave to rest for 5 minutes then slice.
- Divide the lettuce between the four sandwiches, top with the sliced chicken and finish with the salsa verde.