Slow food Speedy next day delivery
Free Delivery on your first order Subscribe
ETHICAL, PASTURE FED MEAT
We recommend 2 portions per kg.
This product can only be delivered between 13th November - 3rd January
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 10/10/2017
For a fantastic Christmas centrepiece, you can't beat our slow-grown, properly free-range turkey.
Our Bronze turkeys are a traditional slow-growing breed, with a free-range lifestyle and natural diet that results in fantastic texture and succulent flavour.
To further develop the flavour and give you meat at its very best, our birds are
Our free-range turkey comes with giblets so you can make delicious stocks and gravy. If you would like us to leave them out, just pop a note in the comments box.
Our free-range poultry is naturally reared, so weights are not absolutely precise.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Let your bird reach room temperature before you think about doing anything. Take a good sized roasting dish and let your turkey nestle snugly inside. If the legs over hang simply wrap a bit of tin foil around them and build a trench channeling any liquid back into the pan.
2. You are looking to cook your bird for 20 minutes per kg. Here are our fail-safe cooking times:
4.5kg/10lb – 2 hrs
5.5kg/12lb – 2.5 hrs
6.7kg/15lb – 2 hrs 45
7.5kg/17lb – 3 hrs
9kg/20lb – 3.5 hrs
11.5kg/25lb – 4.5 hrs
3. If you are stuffing your bird simply add the weight of the stuffing to the weight of your bird and calculate the total weight and cooking time. If you are stuffing the cavity add half an hour to your cooking time and make sure you stuff it loosely.
4. The best indication that your bird is cooked is when it’s easy to ‘shake hands with’. Grab a tea towel or an oven glove and gently twist the drumstick. You should feel it ‘give’ and come away easily from the rest of the carcass.
5. Your turkey will be cooked through when the leg reaches 65°C with a meat thermometer.
6. Give your bird plenty of time to rest, say 30 minutes. This ensures the gorgeous juices will stay in the meat rather than run all over your carving board.
7. The roasting tin may no longer hold the meat but there is so much value left behind. Simply add a pot of Pure Turkey stock and a good glug of wine then stir to release the hidden treasures.
8. Don’t forget all the wonderful trimmings like our handmade stuffing, Saddleback sausages in bacon and lardo for the perfect roast potatoes.
9. Psst! There is no need to brine your bird. Because we have taken so much care slow-growing every Bronze turkey, they will be delicious and juicy without needing to brine.
01392 881 380for next day delivery