A sweet treat with a distinctly festive twist. Delight your family and guests this Christmas!
125g unsalted butter
60g golden caster sugar
125g plain flour
½ Tsp vanilla paste
500ml double cream
395g condensed milk
6 Tbsp mincemeat
How many for?
1. Begin by making the ice-cream. Beat the cream and condensed milk together in a large bowl. Keep beating until the mixture begins to thicken and forms soft peaks. Be careful not to over beat it as it will lose its smooth texture.
2. Pop the bowl into the freezer for an hour. Once the cream mixture is semi-frozen, gently mix the mincemeat through then return the bowl to the freezer to let the ice-cream freeze thoroughly.
3. To make your biscuits, cream together the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla paste and sieve in both types of flour. Mix to a smooth dough, working quickly and gently to avoid over handling it.
5. Scatter flour on your work surface and roll your mixture roughly to about 1cm thick.
6. Cut the dough into festive shapes and prick lightly with a fork. Place the biscuits on trays lined with baking parchment and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before baking.
7. While they chill, preheat the oven to 170°C. Once ready, bake the biscuits for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, check they are baking evenly, and move or turn them over if needed.
8. Bake for a further 10 minutes until they just start to turn a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.