Rich, sticky and delicious. This duck recipe is stunning and so super simple. The perfect seasonal feast!
1 whole Properly Free-Range duck
1 stick of celery, halved lengthwise and halved again
2 carrots quartered lengthwise
2 small parsnips quartered lengthwise
1 bulb of garlic, halved
Two tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 dessert spoon wholegrain mustard
A splash of oil
For the glaze
2 table spoons Seville orange marmalade
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
A few sprigs of thyme
Crushed black pepper
1/2 teaspoon honey
How many for?
1. Combine the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and leave to one side.
2. Place the vegetables in a roasting pan and mix with salt, pepper, oil, wholegrain mustard and balsamic vinegar.
3. Lightly season the duck inside and out.
4. Place the duck on top of the vegetables and then generously brush on the glaze.
5. Preheat the oven to 220°C and roast the duck for 15 minutes before lowering the heat to 180°C for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow the duck to rest covered in foil. Decant the vegetables onto a warm serving plate and sit the rested duck on top.
7. Place the roasting pan over a medium heat until the juices begin to boil. Whisk in a knob of butter and spoon the glossy, sticky liquid over the duck.