Hunker down this winter with a delicious and indulgent Saddleback Pork and Apple Casserole.
1 Tbsp Olive oil
175g Oak Smoked Saddleback bacon cut into small pieces
3 Small shallots peeled
1kg Diced Saddleback Pork
2 Bramley apples
2 Tsp Wholegrain mustard
1 Tsp Black pepper
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 Bay leaf
750ml Pure Free Range Chicken stock
100ml Crème fraîche
2 hours cooking
15 minutes prep
How many for?
Feeds 2-4 people, depending on appetite
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C.
2. Heat the Olive oil and butter in a casserole dish and add the bacon, cook until crisp.
3. Add the butter to the dish and cook the shallots until nicely browned. Add the diced Saddleback Pork and brown off.
4. Pour over the calvados and carefully ignite, standing well back until the flames subside.
5. Place the pan back over the heat, add the chopped apple, mustard, pepper,
6. Stir in the crème fraîche and return the casserole dish with the lid on to the oven for 15-20 minutes to thicken.
7. Season to taste and serve with hunks of crusty buttery bread.