Who doesn't love a roast potato? Here's our secret for making them extra special...
250g Saddleback lardo
A few sprigs of rosemary
How many for?
1. Heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Roughly dice the lardo into one-centimeter cubes and place them in a medium-sized roasting tray. Pop the tray into the oven to allow the Lardo to melt.
3. Peel and chop the potatoes. Place them into a pan and cover with water. Bring them to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Once your potatoes are par boiled, pour them through a colander.
4. Grab a fork and lightly fluff the potatoes (taking care not to break them), this will ensure you get lovely crispy bits once roasted.
5. Carefully remove the tray of hot lardo from the oven and spoon in your potatoes. Baste each potato with the melted lardo, ensuring each gets a good covering.
6. Sprinkle generously with salt and the sprigs of rosemary.
7. Pop your tray back into your oven for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp.