Campfire Boston baked beans
Number of Servings
An intensely fun way of cooking, quick and easy to make our Boston Baked Beans are a great meal to whip on a cold day whilst on holiday or even with a gang in the garden.
- 2 tins of haricot beans
- 500g Saddleback bacon lardons
- 8 small shallots peeled but left whole
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black treacle
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- black pepper
- water to cover
- oil for frying
- Place a heavy pan over the heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Add the bacon and shallots to the pan and cook until starting to caramelise, stirring regularly.
- Next add the black treacle, sugar, mustard and drained beans, stir well then add water to cover.
- Leave to boil not forgetting to stir, until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Served with toasted bread.
Register your interest
To be the first to know about when we're opening up our store to new customers, fill out your details below.
Please enter your login details to access your account.
Reset your Password
We will send you an email to reset your password.