Campfire Boston baked beans
Number of Servings
An intensely fun way of cooking, quick and easy to make our Boston Baked Beans are a great meal to whip on a cold day whilst on holiday or even with a gang in the garden.
- 2 tins of haricot beans
- 500g Saddleback bacon lardons
- 8 small shallots peeled but left whole
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black treacle
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- black pepper
- water to cover
- oil for frying
- Place a heavy pan over the heat and add a drizzle of oil.
- Add the bacon and shallots to the pan and cook until starting to caramelise, stirring regularly.
- Next add the black treacle, sugar, mustard and drained beans, stir well then add water to cover.
- Leave to boil not forgetting to stir, until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Served with toasted bread.