Number of Servings
The perfect warming feast for a cold winters day. Perfect for make ahead and batch cooking to keep you warm all winter long.
- 1kg < href="https://pipersfarm.com/collections/grass-fed-red-ruby-beef">grass-fed Red Ruby Diced Beef Shin
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 red onions
- Half a bulb of garlic
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1litre Pure Beef Stock
- 2 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 red peppers
- 8 small potatoes sliced
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Season the beef with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish. Add the beef and fry over a high heat until nicely browned all over.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further minute, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle in the paprika over the meat and pour over the beef stock. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, tomato purée and bay leaves. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and transfer the dish to the oven. Cook for 4 hours.
- Slice the peppers and add them to the casserole for the last 30 mins of cooking.
- Stir well and serve with dollops of sour cream.
Register your interest
To be the first to know about when we're opening up our store to new customers, fill out your details below.
Please enter your login details to access your account.
Reset your Password
We will send you an email to reset your password.