Number of Servings
The perfect warming feast for a cold winters day. Perfect for make ahead and batch cooking to keep you warm all winter long.
- 1kg < href="https://pipersfarm.com/collections/grass-fed-red-ruby-beef">grass-fed Red Ruby Diced Beef Shin
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 red onions
- Half a bulb of garlic
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1litre Pure Beef Stock
- 2 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 red peppers
- 8 small potatoes sliced
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Season the beef with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish. Add the beef and fry over a high heat until nicely browned all over.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further minute, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle in the paprika over the meat and pour over the beef stock. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, tomato purée and bay leaves. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and transfer the dish to the oven. Cook for 4 hours.
- Slice the peppers and add them to the casserole for the last 30 mins of cooking.
- Stir well and serve with dollops of sour cream.