Cook your supper over a campfire with this rustic pork and apple casserole recipe.
250g diced pork shoulder
150g smoked bacon lardons
2 bay leaves
100ml double cream
150ml cloudy cider
Pinch sea salt
Pinch black pepper
2 Bramley apples
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
How many for?
1. Light a campfire and allow it to burn until the logs are glowing bright orange and very hot.
2. Place a pot on the heat and drizzle in a little oil. Add your bacon lardons and brown. Add your diced pork shoulder with a little seasoning, and brown.
3. Peel your shallots and add to the pot whole. Slice up your Bramley apples and add to the pot.
4. Pour in your cider and allow it to simmer rapidly (at this point it will start to smell amazing). Add your cream and give it a good stir. Add your bay leaves and pop the lid on.
5. Move the pot away from the heat to the side of the fire where the heat is less intense. Allow to simmer but stir every few minutes to ensure nothing sticks.
6. After 20 minutes have a taste and season if necessary. Dish up and enjoy in a beautiful setting!