If you are feeding a large crowd, then this is the Christmas Turkey for you.
Our Boned and Stuffed Free Range Bronze Turkey gives the same drama as a whole oven-ready bird brought to the table, with the added bonus of super simple carving and the ability to feed many more guests without having to cram the oven full.
Our handmade rustic Apricot and Hazelnut stuffing is delicious and creates the most sensational gravy.
Delicious hot or cold, leftovers are perfect for a simple Boxing Day lunch or supper.
- 4kg feeds 16 people
- 4.5kg feeds 18 people
- 5kg feeds 20 people
- 5.5kg feeds 22 people
- 6kg feeds 24 people
Free Range Bronze Turkey, Apricots, HAZELNUTS, Bramley Apples, Saddleback Pork Fat, Parsley, Onion, Coriander, Lemon Juice, Pepper.
When your meat arrives simply pop it into your freezer.
When you have chosen what you would like to eat, drop your items, still in their individual packaging into cool water and wait for 15 minutes until they are fully thawed. Once fully thawed remove the packaging and get cooking.
You can also gently thaw any items by leaving them in the fridge or at room temperature.
All the meat we sell we have produced ourselves, once it's gone, it's gone. Every year we sell out, so we recommend ordering early to avoid disappointment.
Speedy Christmas Delivery
We're delivering right through Christmas week up to 23rd December. We recommend receiving your delivery as early as possible to avoid the Christmas rush. We'll deliver fresh Christmas poultry on 21st to 23rd December, everything else we recommend receiving before.
We've selected the most incredible array of festive food, produced sustainably and in harmony with nature. We have been making magical Christmas memories for over thirty years, winning some of the countries most prestigious award for our produce.
How we rear our Turkeys
Our free-range turkey chicks hatch in late spring and spend their first three weeks under a brooder, while they grow the feathers that will protect them once they are outdoors.
Properly Free Range
Once our turkey chicks have feathered up they are moved outside where they spend the summer ranging freely on grassy hillsides, actively developing strong bones and muscles. When we say 'properly' free-range we mean it! Our bronze turkeys have plenty of space in which to thrive, they are in a healthy outdoor environment with minimum stress where they build up natural immunity and can freely exhibit all their natural instincts.
Our free-range Bronze turkeys are fed a totally natural diet, free of artificial additives and chemicals just straightforward cereals, grass, nettles fodder beet and cider apples! We allow them to grow slowly so they can reach natural maturity.
Once the turkeys have reached natural maturity they are killed by hand and the carcasses are dry plucked. We hang every bird for at least 12 days, to develop the wonderful texture and depth of flavour.
How to cook your Christmas Turkey
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Let your bird reach room temperature.
- Take a good sized roasting dish and let your turkey nestle snugly inside. If the legs overhang simply wrap a bit of tin foil around them and build a trench channeling any liquid back into the pan.
- Cook the turkey for approximately 20-25 minutes per kilo. If you are stuffing your bird simply add the weight of the stuffing to the weight of your bird and calculate the total weight and cooking time. If you are stuffing the cavity add half an hour to your cooking time and make sure you stuff it loosely.
- The best indication that your bird is cooked is when it’s easy to shake hands with it. Grab a tea towel or an oven glove and gently twist the drumstick to the side. As soon as it ‘gives’ this is the best indication the bird is cooked. You can also put a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh, the juices should run slightly pink.
- Give your bird plenty of time to rest, say 30-40 minutes at room temperature. This ensures the gorgeous juices will stay in the meat rather than run all over your carving board but be sure to catch any that do emerge and add to your gravy.
- The roasting tin may no longer hold the meat but there is so much value left behind. Simply add a pot or two of our Pure Turkey Stock and a good glug of wine then stir to release the hidden treasures.
- Psst! There is no need to brine your bird. Because we have taken so much care slow-growing and hanging every Bronze turkey they are succulent and delicious without the need for brining.
Notes from the kitchen
Take your boned and stuffed turkey out of the fridge a couple of hours before you intend to cook.
Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4, ovens may vary.
Carefully wrap the whole turkey in two layers of foil and place into a roasting dish.
Cook the turkey for approximately 30 mins per kg.
Open up the foil for the last 20 minutes of cooking to brown the bird, keeping an eye to make sure the skin doesn’t over brown or split.
Allow to rest for 25 minutes before carving.
While your turkey is resting make the most delicious gravy.
Pour the turkey juices into a saucepan along with 1-2 pouches of pure turkey stock and a generous glass of wine.
Bring to the boil and leave to simmer until the sauce reduces into a rich syrupy liquid, this will take around half an hour.
Season to taste and serve the gravy with your turkey for a stunning festive feast.