Number of Servings
Makes 6 Pizzas
A delicious, easy to make family meal with the kids or to eat in the garden on a summers day.
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 10g fresh yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 350ml water at room temperature
- 7g sea salt
- 10g sugar
- 400g oak smoked back or streaky bacon
- 18 new potatoes cooked and sliced
- 100g parmesan
- 400ml double cream
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- To prepare the pizza bases, place the salt followed by the bread flour in a large bowl. In a second bowl add the yeast, sugar and water and whisk together. Pour the yeast mixture over the flour followed by the oil and then quickly mix together to form a sticky dough. Once the liquid is thoroughly mixed into the flour cover with an oiled piece of cling film and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size, about 20 minutes. Uncover the dough and quickly knock the air out of it. Knead briefly until the dough becomes silky, shape into a ball and recover, setting aside for a further 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230c and place a thick baking sheet on the middle shelf. Gently tip the dough out of the bowl onto a floured surface. Divide and shape into 6 balls. Use a rolling pin to shape one of the balls into a rustic pizza base. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a heatproof surface. Gently lift the pizza base onto the baking sheet and return to the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the surface of the pizza base starts to colour.
- Once all the bases are cooked place the 12 rashers of bacon on an oven tray and cook until the bacon is starting to crisp up.
- Meanwhile pour the cream into a saucepan along with the garlic and a few rosemary leaves and gently heat to allow the cream to take on the garlicy flavour. Remove the garlic from the cream.
- To assemble the pizzas cut each rasher of bacon into 3 and place 6 pieces on each pizza base followed by slices of potato and a few rosemary leaves. Finish with a generous drizzle of cream and a good amount of shaved parmesan.
- Place in the oven two at a time directly onto the oven shelves for 5 minutes or until the cream and cheese starts to bubble. Serve at once.
Register your interest
To be the first to know about when we're opening up our store to new customers, fill out your details below.
Please enter your login details to access your account.
Reset your Password
We will send you an email to reset your password.