Number of Servings
Makes 6 Pizzas
A delicious, easy to make family meal with the kids or to eat in the garden on a summers day.
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 10g fresh yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 350ml water at room temperature
- 7g sea salt
- 10g sugar
- 400g oak smoked back or streaky bacon
- 18 new potatoes cooked and sliced
- 100g parmesan
- 400ml double cream
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- To prepare the pizza bases, place the salt followed by the bread flour in a large bowl. In a second bowl add the yeast, sugar and water and whisk together. Pour the yeast mixture over the flour followed by the oil and then quickly mix together to form a sticky dough. Once the liquid is thoroughly mixed into the flour cover with an oiled piece of cling film and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size, about 20 minutes. Uncover the dough and quickly knock the air out of it. Knead briefly until the dough becomes silky, shape into a ball and recover, setting aside for a further 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230c and place a thick baking sheet on the middle shelf. Gently tip the dough out of the bowl onto a floured surface. Divide and shape into 6 balls. Use a rolling pin to shape one of the balls into a rustic pizza base. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a heatproof surface. Gently lift the pizza base onto the baking sheet and return to the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the surface of the pizza base starts to colour.
- Once all the bases are cooked place the 12 rashers of bacon on an oven tray and cook until the bacon is starting to crisp up.
- Meanwhile pour the cream into a saucepan along with the garlic and a few rosemary leaves and gently heat to allow the cream to take on the garlicy flavour. Remove the garlic from the cream.
- To assemble the pizzas cut each rasher of bacon into 3 and place 6 pieces on each pizza base followed by slices of potato and a few rosemary leaves. Finish with a generous drizzle of cream and a good amount of shaved parmesan.
- Place in the oven two at a time directly onto the oven shelves for 5 minutes or until the cream and cheese starts to bubble. Serve at once.